Alena's Travel Favorites - Thailand
Travel is a wonderful thing. You get to explore, discover, learn about new places, and engage with new people. And if you're traveling to another country, you get to experience and participate in a different culture which can really open your eyes and give you a new perspective on life and how others live in the world. It's important to keep an open mind, be respectful of cultural differences, and go with the flow. It's also important to pack well for the various adventures and occasions you'll have!
Planning and packing light is essential for big international trips, especially if you'll be on the move a lot - staying in multiple locations in a short period of time - and if you'll be using public transportation. Try to keep it to the essentials and pack versatile items that can be worn interchangeably to create multiple outfits that enable you to embrace every activity that comes your way. The biggest buzzkill on an adventure is having to say no to something because you aren't wearing the right clothing!
My TOP Handful travel pieces were definitely:
The Adjustable Bra - one of my favorite pieces of clothing in general because of its versatility in how it can be worn and for limitless activities. With straps that can be worn 3 different ways, it can easily compliment any outfit. Plus, it’s water-friendly, so it doubles as one of my swim tops!
Y-Back Bra - my favorite bra when what I need is extra support and coverage. Supported me so well on our hikes that more often than not lead into water adventures, and I was already prepared to jump in!
Flippin' Awesome Scoop Tank - this reversible two in one top is the best! I could wear the scoop in the front for a bit more of a dressy feel or wear the scoop in the back to show off my beautiful Handful bra of the day. And bonus it doesn’t wrinkle at all, so you can throw it in a bag, and it’s always ready to wear!
Get Tanked top - had great breathability for the hot and humid days, plus hides sweat (and any spilled food ;-) ) with the stripes.
I wore all these item for a variety of activities including hiking, a Jiu-jitsu class, swimming, travel days, going out, etc. I chose items that could be ready for ACTION and that could be worn multiple ways. Handful is always a part of my everyday wardrobe and traveling is no different!
Here was my FULL packing list for our 14 day trip:
- Handful Bras - I packed my 3 favorite Handful bra styles, the Adjustable bra, the Y-Back bra, and The Closer bra for everyday wear, exercise, and swimming. *travel hack* to be able to pack more Handful bra choices, take out pads from bras so you can more easily fold or roll bras, then pack 1 set of pads for every 2 bras. I easily packed 7 bras and 3 sets of pads.
- 3 pairs of shorts; 1 jean, 1 spandex, 1 athleisure pair (more formal, but made to move)
- Leggings - 1 pair of Handful Wi-Thi 7/8 Leggings - these were amazing for airport and plane travel. Mid-rise relaxed fit, it helped with temperature regulation (thanks to them being made with 37.5® thermoregulating technology), and the pockets came in super handy!
- Tank tops - Get Tanked top , 2 black tanks.
- 2 shirts; the Flippin' Awesome Scoop Tank. This was easily my favorite top! I also packed the Peek-A-Breeze Long Sleeve for layering on the plane and on cooler days.
- Light sports jacket
- 1 dress, 1 skort
- Good walking shoes + sandals
- Handful TruckHer Hat - this got a lot of use to help protect my face from the sun
Honestly, this amount of clothing could have lasted me a month+ and was more than I needed. Regardless it thankfully all fit into 2 small mesh square travel bags. If you're already thinking of all the various outfit changes you'll make, try to choose VERSATILE pieces that can be dressed up or dressed down, and try to keep it light! Chances are high that you'll want to buy a few new items on your trip and you'll be thankful you have room for those and that you're not carrying around unworn items.
Cheers to new adventures and getting out and grabbing life! #GrabLifeByTheHandful #TheTravelingHandful
If you'd like to see more travel blog posts and tips, leave a comment below!
Much love, Alena
Thanks Alena for rockin’ Handful and sharing your incredible journey!