Not everyone knows the Handful story or the woman behind it. We thought it was time to catch up with CEO and founder, Jennifer Ferguson.....
👉 How did you come up with the name Handful?
Growing up, my dad would always say, "She's a Handful". It turned into a perfect tag line for our activewear company, "You're active, you're versatile, you're one of a kind, you're a Handful!"
👉 What is your go-to Handful product? Why?
This really is an unfair question, like asking, “who is your favorite family member/child?" But my answer to that is "it depends on the day"😂.
Of course I LOVE each Handful product in its own special way. One of the key aspects for me is that I “stash my essentials” in ALL styles of the Handful bra (room key, credit card, driver’s license, lip gloss, gum, fuel for on the run....). So instead of giving you one (because really I just can't), I'm going to give you my Handful world as I see it this minute.
* Adjustable Handful Bra: ULTIMATE VERSATILITY
* Y-Back Handful Bra: FASHIONABLE STRAPS FOR MORE COLOR POP
* Wi-Thi 7/8 Legging: MY NEW GO TO FAVORITE PAIR OF PANTS
* Wi-Thi Crop Legging: MY PREFERRED WORKOUT BOTTOMS
* Flippin’ Awesome Scoop Tank: FOR TWO IN ONE VERSATILITY!
👉 What is your favorite quote?
It’s a toss up between the two phrases I'm dying to put on Handful Graphic tanks ASAP.
1 - Grab Life by the Handful
* Handful is an ATTITUDE… it’s NOT a LOOK or an AGE or a WEIGHT or a SKIN COLOR or an IQ… (carpe diem = seize the day = Grab Life by the Handful!)
2 - #yourewelcome
"You Are Welcome" aka “door's open, walk thru it, c’mon in and Grab Life by the Handful”… GET IN THE BOAT… it doesn’t matter if you water ski on 2 skis or 1 ski… U R welcome! The more the merrier and together we are stronger! 👭
Also I think it is an important replacement to SORRY (when there’s nothing to be sorry for #sorrynotsorry)….instead of saying “sorry,” you say “you’re welcome.”
If that doesn't make sense, here are some examples:
* your child says “but I don’t like these kind of noodles” (when you made dinner). #yourewelcome
* your child says “I don’t like to go skiing” (after you have taught them how to ski and bought their gear throughout the years). #yourewelcome
* your husband asks in a concerning manner “what are you wearing” (after you put together what you think is a fun outfit). #yourewelcome P.S. My husband's favorite look on me is "not bitchy."
👉 What is your guilty pleasure?
Bubbly, wine, and dessert. 🍷
👉 What do you want your message to the Handful community to be?
Grab Life by the Handful to the best you can each and every day! Namaste: "may the light that shines in me recognize and see the light that shines in you!" Honestly, we all live busy lives. Handful wants to be the one high fiving you for it all - whether you chose to give yourself a break for the day or you went after something big. Whatever you do, live it, own it, grab it. Celebrate you - the easy, the hard, and the in between and know that you ARE amazing. ⭐️